Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Massachusetts

We are finally in Massachusetts. We climbed Mass's tallest peak yesterday, Mt. Greylock, and have finished 287 miles, total this trip. We have 2 weeks left to go. We are taking an easier day today in Dalton, a town which the trail runs right thru. This guy invited us to stay in his house and he is very famous amongst hikers for his hospitality - Tom Levardi. He gave us cake, lemon pie, and HUGE ice cream sundaes with whip cream!!! Not much else because we are in a hurry so we'll put some pictures up next time. Love you guys. God bless.

3 comments:

Larissa said...

It is so neat to track your progress...I admire you guys for what you're doing! Happy 4th!

Lisa Renee said...

Mmmmm Lemon Pie! Glad you got your sweet tooth met! Can't wait to hug your neck when you get back but glad you are having such a wonderful time!

Unknown said...

Rebecca and Heath,
I'm in Massachusetts right now, too. But I'm afraid I'm sitting nice and comfy in my daughter's home in Newton with the AC on. I guess I'm not the outdoorsy type. The most hiking I've done since I've been is Mass. is from the basement to the third floor. You guys are INCREDIBLE! Have fun and take care!
Love,
Delma