Monday, April 13, 2009

Akagera Park





The guys in the missionary community here took a camping trip last week. 14 of us piled into two land cruisers and traveled 2.5 hrs to the eastern part of Rwanda to a game park called Akagera. Above are some animals we saw. Hard to believe we saw the following animals just a short distance away: elephants, hippos, crocs, giraffes, cape buffalo, warthogs, impalas, baboons, water bucks, elands, roan antelope, reed bucks, topi's, green mamba, crested cranes, and other various birds. Great times. We camped out in tents and heard hippos talking to each other all night. We even heard a hyena howling, too. This was a great time of bonding and getting to know each other. Praise God for His unique and wonderful Creation.

3 comments:

Marie said...

That is amazing to be so close to all the animals of God's creation! I know you all had a blast

Jessica said...

The elephant picture and frog picture are so cool! What a great photo album you guys will have!

mrsstarbucks said...

I bet all of your senses were overflowing. I closed my eyes to try to imagine the noises you would of heard. How amazing are each of you. Just for hearing God's voice and Following Him so far away. I have know Heath for a great while now and his heart has always amazed me. Rebecca as a mother and wife God has had to equipped you so special to be able to handle this mission trip. Pete is beautiful!!! How amazing will his life turn out have parents who listen to God's Will as the two of you do. I am praying for the three of you daily! I love you!!! heather frazier